find an event
find a coach
find a club
PARTNER WITH Us
Sign Up to Tri Life
OF THE OLYMPIC GAMES
Triathlon Australia (TA) is pleased to announce that we are partnering with Virgin Australia and CT Connections, and in doing so are able to offer a number of benefits to Triathlon Australia Members!
- Access to the new booking portal, designed specifically for Triathlon Australia members to take advantage of this partnership
- Exclusive Domestic discount offer for Triathlon Australia Members when booking through the portal with your TA membership number to TA sanctioned events (please note, if the event you want to travel to is not yet showing as sanctioned on the event calendar, but likely to be sanctioned closer to the event you may book a flight to this event using the portal.)
- Discounted Fares are available in Business, Freedom, Elevate and Getaway Domestic fares
- Discounts vary depending on fare class
- Offer does not apply to Virgin Australia Sale fares
- The booking portal can also be used to book flights for your family accompanying you on your triathlon trip
- The booking portal can also be used to book accommodation for your triathlon trip
Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge Memberships
Joining Fee: $250 (discounted from $330) Virgin Australia will waive the joining fee for the first 60 days of the discounted lounge rates for TA (from 1st July 2019 - 30th August 2019)
Annual Membership Fee: $350 annual fee* (discounted from $420).
*Lounge memberships are pro-rata with a common expiry for Triathlon Australia members being 30 November 2019. Those who take up the offer will receive a renewal in November for a further 12 months.
Please refer to the Virgin Australia Lounge Membership flyer for details on how to activate.
- To take advantage of Virgin Australia’s Domestic baggage allowance options you must book through the member portal with the choice of:
- 1 x 23kg luggage upon booking
- OR activate the Sports Baggage Allowance that includes 32kg of checked baggage across 2 pieces of baggage when travelling domestically within Australia. Subject to flight loads. The individual needs to contact CT Connections direct to organise this. Please refer to the sports baggage flyer for further details
- 1 x 23kg luggage upon booking
- Access to our travel agent, CT Connections (CTC) who are able to assist you with any changes that need to be made to your bookings. Please contact CTC for any applicable Virgin Australia change fees or additional airfare costs. Please note CTC charge an additional $11 fee to change flights.
- Virgin Australia Family Pooling - Family Points Pooling is the best way to fast-track your Points and Status Credit balance. Every time your partner, child or family member flies and/or earns with a Velocity program partner, their Velocity Points (or Points and Status Credits) will be transferred automatically to your account.
- Please note: Due to aviation security laws, only four CO2 cylinders are permitted to be carried in a bike bag, and two CO2 cylinders per passenger within their carry-on luggage. Please be aware of these limits when travelling, and pack accordingly.
To access the discounted flights you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current financial TA member (see more)
- Be a Velocity Member (free to join)
- Be travelling domestically for a TA sanctioned event (find one)
(please note, if the event you want to travel to is not yet showing as sanctioned on the event calendar, but likely to be sanctioned closer to the event you may book a flight to this event using the portal.)
- Set up a log-in for the booking portal
- Corporate Shared Key: CTConnections
- Default Departure City: Your Home Airport
- Need help? Here's a step-by-step guide for setting up your log-in
- During your first log-in, set up your account including your velocity member number
(via My Profile > Preferences > Add Preferences > Frequent Flyers > Virgin Australia - Velocity)
- Book a flight to using the booking portal
Flight Changes: For flight changes once you have booked a flight via the portal, contact CT Connections on email@example.com
Sports Baggage Allowance: To activate the Sports Baggage Allowance after booking through the TA booking portal, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your booking reference number, Triathlon Australia membership number, and advise your sporting organisation or club and the sporting event that you are travelling to, at least 3 business days prior to departure. Please refer to the Sports Baggage Allowance flyer for details and eligibility.
Triathlon Australia: email@example.com | 02 84886200