find an event
find a coach
find a club
PARTNER WITH Us
Sign Up to Tri Life
OF THE OLYMPIC GAMES
TRIATHLON AUSTRALIA ILLICIT DRUGS
The ‘Illicit Drugs in Sport’ (IDIS) Online Education Program is an Australian Government initiative to assist Australian sporting organisations to educate their members of the harms associated with illicit drugs.
The IDIS program seeks to provide practical tools and strategies to assist athletes, coaches and sports administrators to make appropriate choices when faced with illicit drug issues in their sport through the following courses:
- IDIS Athlete course: follows the story of four athletes who have it all in front of them and demonstrates the impact of their decisions.
- IDIS Coaches course: provides the skills and knowledge coaches need to help athletes, set a behavioural standard, monitor it and take remedial action.
- IDIS Officer course: provides the resources for sports administrators to implement an Illicit Drugs in Sport program within their sport.
- IDIS Presenter course: provides the resources required to deliver illicit drugs workshops for sporting organisations.
- IDIS Athlete Role Model course: provides resources athletes need to deliver a IDIS workshop.
This program is part of the Australian Government’s Sports Integrity Program and reinforces the Government’s strong commitment to the protection of sports integrity at all levels of competition, and to combat illicit drug use in all parts of the community.