find an event
find a coach
find a club
PARTNER WITH Us
Sign Up to Tri Life
OF THE OLYMPIC GAMES
Triathlon Australia Integrity Framework Purpose
The purpose of the Triathlon Australia Integrity Framework is to:
- Enable our elite athletes, age group athletes and all race participants to compete in a sport which is free of performance enhancing substances and methods.
- Enable our stakeholders, media and general public to be spectators at events which are genuine contests, free of race-fixing and illegal betting.
- Enable the members of our broad triathlon community to participate in, and enjoy a sport which is free from harassment, intimidation or other behaviours which fail to respect their rights as a member of the sport community.
This Triathlon Australia Integrity framework applies to the whole triathlon community: annual members, one day members, participants, staff and volunteers involved in any of the following areas:
- as competitors at the novice, age group or elite level;
- as paid or volunteer coaches;
- as technical officials and event volunteers;
- as members of National, State and Club Boards and Committees
- as staff members of National and State Associations
The scope of the framework is guided by the following definition of sports integrity recently adopted by the Commonwealth Government’s National Integrity of Sport Unit:
Sports Integrity is the manifestation of the ethics and values which promote community confidence in sport, including:
- fair and honest performances and outcomes, unaffected by illegitimate enhancements or external interests; and
- positive conduct by athletes, administrators, officials, supporters and other stakeholders, on and off the sporting arena, which enhances the reputation and standing of the sporting contest and of sport overall.