Triathlon NSW is proud to announce, with the ongoing support of our naming rights partner Billigence, the second annual Billigence Talent ID Academy Camp.
After a successful first year which saw nearly 40 athletes put through their paces in December 2019, Billigence have again thrown their support behind the future stars of triathlon with another fantastic three-day multisport camp. We are also pleased to share that a number of the athletes from last year’s camp have since been selected into NSW Regional Academy of Sport programs and the new Rest of State Talent Academy (ROSTA) squad.
The high quality sporting facilities at SAS Narrabeen will welcome talent-transfer athletes from all over the state for two days of exciting skills sessions and coaching from some of the NSW’s best triathlon coaches. The final day of the camp will include a professional race specifically for camp athletes, delivered by Mildren Events at Manly Dam as part of their Go-Tri Series.
“We look forward to getting more young athletes excited about triathlon and trying the sport, as well as supporting another intake of talent transfer athletes into the TriNSW Pathway Program” says Jana Kapr, CEO of Billigence.
Triathlon NSW warmly invites all athletes aged 12-16 who are able to run, bike and swim and who are interested in trying triathlon or developing their skills to register now for the Billigence Talent ID Academy Camp to be held on December 4-6th at the Sydney Academy of Sport and Recreation.
Please note the camp is not open to current athletes in the NSW Pathway Development Program (including ROSTA and the Regional Academies of Sport).
The Camp includes:
- Two day live-in camp at SAS Narrabeen including food & accommodation
- Mentoring & coaching from some of Australia's best triathlon coaches
- Skill development sessions for swim, bike & run
- Held at the Sydney Academy of Sport & Recreation, utilising their high quality sporting facilities
- Entry to professional race hosted by Mildren Events on December 6th included.
Click here to see the highlights from last year's camp!
Please read below some testimonials from parents whose children attended the camp last year:
- Nicholas had a fantastic time and learnt a great deal. He loved the camp environment and is also now very keen to learn more about the sport and to get some experience.
- Grace has provided very positive feedback about all aspects of the camp (in fact she is still talking about how great the Camp was!!) including: approachable and friendly coaches; learning new skills across all three disciplines to improve her triathlons; supportive environment; meeting new peers who enjoy competing in triathlons just like her; listening and learning from the guest speaker; and the triathlon organised by Mildren Events.
- All the kids seemed to have had a wonderful time. Speaking to Dan he was so enthusiastic about the experience and definitely did not want the experience to end. He spoke so highly of EVERYONE involved with the camp; it is clear that you all made a significant impression. Thank you for all of the effort and guidance that you gave him. Also as a parent it was great to get the perspective of how important it is for the kids not to specialise to early and how it is important to do triathlon as opposed to being a triathlete for now. I thought the final race day was a great way to end and was very well organised by the Mildrens.