- Rio Olympian Aaron Royle, who also fell ill 48 hours before the race with gastro, raced in the Elite Men, hanging on to produce a gutsy 14th place finish.
- In the Elite Women’s race, Armidale’s Gillian Backhouse certainly didn’t do her Commonwealth Games chances any harm finishing in 14th, one place ahead of second automatic nomination in Charlotte McShane.
- Also inside the top 20 was the consistent Natalie Van Coevorden.
- In the overall WTS Rankings it was McShane who finished next behind Gentle in 11th, followed by Backhouse in 13th and Van Coevorden 21st.
- In the Under 23 women’s race Emma Jeffcoat was the best of the Australians in 18th.