> Home Page > State Associations > NT > TRIATHLON NT > What We Do
What We Do
WHAT TRIATHLON NT DOES
Triathlon NT is the governing body for triathlon in the NT. Our mission is to ensure the existence of quality participation opportunities and pathways within the sport of triathlon in the Northern Territory.
Triathlon NT is affiliated with our national governing body Triathlon Australia (TA) and is committed to working in closely with TA and the State and Territory Associations (STTA's) across Australia to develop and promote triathlon at a local, regional and national level.
The Northern Territory triathlon community provides opportunities for people all ages, levels of ability to participate in triathlon.
- Triathlon NT is the State / Territory Association with 2 affiliated clubs - Alice Springs and Darwin.
- As Territory Director, Ange Castle is part of the National Committee of State / Territory Directors and Triathlon Australia. This committee has a telephone conference every month and meets up face-to-face every 3 months. A highly co-operative group than enables Triathlon NT to enlist help from larger states, but more importantly, allows the NT to have a voice in the development of national initiatives, policies and programs.
- Ensure the sustainability of triathlon in the Northern Territory in a way that is nationally consistent, through the adoption of the Triathlon Australia Strategic Plan.
- Safeguarding all our members by ensuring they are competing in a safe and fair event that is sanctioned to the Triathlon Australia standards.
- Host and Event Manage NT Junior, NT Sprint, NT Olympic and NT Long Course races.
- TriNT enter submissions to Triathlon Australia to organise and host the Sprint Distance & Long Course National Qualifying Events. This ensures that all NT triathletes have access to gaining qualifying points if they want to wear the green and gold.
- Ensure ongoing funding for triathlon in the NT by adhering to a high level of governance.
- Utilising our high level of governance to attract commercial partnerships and corporate race organisers.
- Protecting the rights of all our members through our Member Protection Policy.
- Maintaining a sustainable infrastructure across the whole Territory of Operational, Coaching and Technical staff to ensure the future of triathlon in the NT.
- Providing participation opportunities for juniors from the age of 5+ across the NT (coaches who have been developed through the Junior Development Program are situated in Alice Springs, Darwin and Katherine).
- Ensuring all juniors across the NT have access to a National Talent Academy standard Development Program that leads into the Triathlon Australia High Performance Pathway.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with key triathlon venue and logistics providers to ensure new opportunities for races.
- Support clubs to reach their potential and provide access to resources at a state and national level.
- Provide participation opportunities for people new to triathlon.
- Safeguarding the reputation of the sport of triathlon.
Follow us on: