> Home Page > State Associations > SA > Development Program > Development Program
Triathlon South Australia is proud to announce a new collaboration with Triathlon Australia to host our 2020/21 Junior Development Program.
The program is open to athletes 13 to 18 years old and is targeted at the fundamental skills required to develop as a junior triathlete. The program is designed to work as a compliment to the core role played by an athlete’s home-coach. The program includes:
- Monthly training session aligned to the National Performance Pathway in conjunction with Triathlon Australia High Performance staff and Triathlon Australia’s Pathway Program Manager
- National Pathway Program sessions designed around preparation for key draft legal events
- Opportunity to access Triathlon Australia High Performance Program Webinar Education Series for athletes, parents, and coaches
- Access to two virtual Q&A sessions with Triathlon Australia High Performance Program Tier 1 athletes
- Running Movement Analysis via Triathlon SA partner Biomechanics Lab and associated Strength and Conditioning Consultation (Over $400 in value)
- The ability to purchase Triathlon SA race suit and other Triathlon SA apparel
- Ability to qualify for state endorsement of entry into National Youth and Junior Triathlon Series – both national and state conditions apply
- Plus, more sponsor benefits
Please note Triathlon South Australia's Junior Development Program is designed to work in collaboration with an athletes home or squad based program to provide the best opportunities for athletes in SA to excel in Triathlon.
The program cost is an outstanding $50.00 - all athletes must be members of Triathlon South Australia
Please find below for a draft calendar of sessions coming up for the Athletes to attend and access.
To register for the upcoming program please head here:
Participation in State Pathway Programs and National Junior series
Priority entry to the National Junior Series exists through the national junior pathway - which the SA Development Program sits within. As Round 1 of the National Junior Series has capped entry due to the logistics associated with swimming pool field sizes, entries are allocated to State Pathway athletes on a state by state basis, with states only able to assign entries to athletes within their pathway program. In the event that a state submits no athletes, or submits less athletes than spots allocated to that state, any remaining spots are redistributed to other state program athletes on waiting lists. For an athlete to be listed as an SA representative athlete, athletes must comply with standard "state team" conditions including but not limited to the wearing of a Triathlon SA race suit at National Junior Series events.
Should any entries remain after state redistribution to waiting lists, then Triathlon Australia will open up general entry to athletes that sit outside state pathway program, with the caveat that general entry athletes must satisfy the same minimum performance standards that state pathway athletes much achieve.
P 08 8363 9133