> Home Page > State Associations > SA > Events > State Series
The Triathlon SA State Series is Triathlon SA's premier race series for acknowledging the efforts of all athletes and clubs over the course of a triathlon season. It rewards those athletes and clubs who put in a consistent effort over the seven race series. It also gives athletes of every calibre the opportunity to demonstrate their strength over varied distances and disciplines. The events range from sprint to long distance and includes Triathlon and Aquathlon.
The final reveal of all results will be done at an annual awards presentation which is held at the end of the season.
Points Criteria - ATHLETE
- Tier 1 Points are accrued for the longest distance race at the event
- Tier 2 Points are accrued for the second longest distance race at the event
- Tier 2 Points are 50% of Tier 1 Points
- Only 1 Tier can be accrued by an individual athlete at a race (i.e in the event of an athlete racing two races within a weekend festival of races the highest accrued tier of points will be applied
- Only members of Triathlon SA are eligible to earn state series points and you must be a current member at the time of the event.
- Categories will be Open M and F and 5 year Age Groups M and F starting from 19 - 24.
- Open Male and Female top three will be awarded prize money at the end of the season: 1st: $1,000, 2nd: $400, 3rd: $250
- Any member who races Open in 2 or more races will not be eligible for an Age Group award.
- Tier 1 Points are as follows