find a club
PARTNER WITH Us
Sign Up to Tri Life
Frequently Asked Questions
Please see some Frequently Asked Questions about membership and the joining/renewal process that might assist you.
- Having trouble logging into your membership portal?
- I would like join triathlon Australia and a club for the first time, what should i do?
- What are the membership fees for the 2017-2018 season?
- I would like to join more than one triathlon club - what should i do?
- How do i update my credit card details?
- My personal details have changed – what should i do?
- What is automatic renewal?
- If i don’t want my membership to automatically renew, what should i do?
- How do i manually renew my membership?
- My membership automatic renewal failed due to an expired credit card- what should i do?
- Which member types are set to auto renew?
- Which member types cannot be auto renewed?
- How do i add a new member to my family or group?
- I wish to change my membership type - what should i do?
Please remember, a couple of things to be mindful of when you log into your Triathlon Australia member page via the ACTIVE portal;
- Mobile devices is not compatible with the ACTIVE membership platform.
- While using any other web browser, please ensure that you have 'enabled pop-ups'.
If you are unaware of how to enable pop-ups, please refer to the following links for each web browser
- Google Chrome pop-up support
- Mozilla Firefox pop-up support
- Internet Explorer pop-up support
- Safari pop-up support
3. What are the membership fees for the 2017-2018 season?
There has been a small increase to membership fees for the 2017-2018 season. We have kept fee increases at a minimum level that allows us to continue servicing our growing membership base to the highest level of quality that our members expect and deserve. To see all membership fees for the 2017-2018 season, Click here >>
You are able to join more than one club, however this must be done in two separate transactions. To join a second club, you must select “New Member Join Now” and complete the form with your current membership details. When you get to the club selection, you will need to select the secondary club in which you would like to join. The system will recognise you already have a current Triathlon Australia membership and will only charge you the fees of the secondary club, if applicable.
A member can update their credit card details when you login to your membership portal online from the TA website
- Log into your membership portal by clicking on ‘Manage your Membership’ and typing in your username and password
- Click on the ‘Payment Information’ tab on the right panel
- Select the membership that you wish to update your credit card details for
- Click on the ‘Update’ tab on top right of the page
- Select the new payment type that you wish to use or enter in a new credit card
- Select ‘save’
You can also use the following instructions on how to Update your credit card details.
If your personal details have changed you are able to edit these at any time from within your membership portal. You will need to log into the portal and click on “edit” under the personal information section. Here you are able to change details such as name, phone, email and mailing address. We recommend that you update your personal details as soon as possible when a variation occurs.
All memberships are signed up to an Automatically Renewing package, this means that on the 1st of July of each year, your membership is set to renew for the new season. Triathlon Australia has introduced this feature as a result of member feedback to create a smoother renewal process, retention of membership ID’s and to assist those members who often forget to renew for the new season. Furthermore this ensures continuity of Personal Accident and Public Liability insurance coverage for members whilst they train and compete.
If you do not want your membership to automatically renew on the 1st of July, you will need to log into your membership portal here >>. Once you are logged into the portal you will find “Cancel Auto-Renew” option listed under the Actions tab alongside your membership. Once you have selected this, ensure that the ‘Auto-Renewal – OFF’ status is alongside your membership. Members who turn Auto-Renewal off will need to manually renew their membership each season.
To manually renew your membership, you will need to log into the membership portal here >>. Once within the portal, you will see your membership listed in its entirety and see an “Actions” tab listed at the top. Within this tab you will find “Renew” listed, which once you select will take you through to the manual renewal process. If nothing appears to happen when you click on the renew button please check your pop up settings, as this will most likely be due to a pop up blocker.
If your membership has failed during the auto renewal process due to an expired credit card, you will need to manually renew your membership via the member portal. To do so please click here >>. Once within the portal, you will see your membership listed in its entirety and see an “Actions” tab listed at the top. Within this tab you will find “Renew Membership” listed, which once you select will take you through to the manual renewal process. If nothing appears to happen when you click on the renew button please check your pop up settings, as this will most likely be due to a pop up blocker.
Please ensure you check your credit card statements to ensure no charge has been incurred during the renewal process. If you believe you have any incorrect charges please do not hesitate to contact the Triathlon Australia office on (02) 8488 6200 to have it further investigated.
The following memberships will automatically renew:
- Adult, Coach, Professional (and all other memberships for people aged 20 and over)
- Members who have not opted out of auto-renewal
The following memberships will need to be manually renewed:
- Junior memberships (19 years and under)
- Family/group memberships (any one who joined as part of a family or group)
- Members who have opted out of auto-renewal via their member portal.
If you are an individual member and would like to become part of a group, you will need to start a new group membership via the "New Member Join Now" page. You will need to select "Family/Group Membership" at the top of the page and select how many members you wish to include in the group. You will then be prompted to fill out the personal and membership details of your group and create their memberships. You will still be able to use your existing membership passport, however this will result in a new TA Number being allocated to you.
Please note if you have already purchased a single membership, you are unable to change this into a family/group membership, please contact the Triathlon Australia office for further assistance.
If you would like to change your membership type during the season, please contact the Triathlon Australia office on (02) 8488 6200 and we will be able to assist you with any transfer of membership.
If you need any assistance in the joining or renewal process please do not hesitate to contact the Triathlon Australia office on (02) 8488 6200 or firstname.lastname@example.org