Frequently Asked Questions
Please see some Frequently Asked Questions about membership and the joining/renewal process that might assist you.
- Having trouble logging into your membership portal?
- I would like to join Triathlon Australia and a club for the first time; what should I do?
- What are the membership fees for the 2018-2019 season?
- I would like to join more than one triathlon club; what should I do?
- How do I update my credit card details?
- My personal details have changed; what should I do?
- What is automatic renewal?
- If I don’t want my membership to automatically renew; what should I do?
- How do I manually renew my membership?
- My membership automatic renewal failed due to an expired credit card; what should I do?
- Which member types are set to automtically renew?
- Which member types cannot be automatically renewed?
- How do I add a new member to my family or group membership?
- I wish to change my membership type; what should I do?
Please remember, a couple of things to be mindful of when you log into your Triathlon Australia member page via the ACTIVE portal;
- Mobile devices is not compatible with the ACTIVE membership platform.
- While using any other web browser, please ensure that you have 'enabled pop-ups', as the payment window opens in a new tab.
If you are unaware of how to enable pop-ups, please refer to the following links for each web browser
- Google Chrome pop-up support
- Mozilla Firefox pop-up support
- Internet Explorer pop-up support
- Safari pop-up support
3. What are the membership fees for the 2018-2019 season?
There has been a small increase to membership fees for the 2018-2019 season. We have kept fee increases at a minimum level that allows us to continue servicing our growing membership base to the highest level of quality that our members expect and deserve. To see all membership fees for the 2018-2019 season, Click here >>
You are able to join as many clubs as you like; however this must be done in a separate transaction. To join a second club, you must select “New Member: Join Now” on the Annual Membership page, and complete the form with your current membership details. When you get to the club selection, you will need to select the secondary club in which you would like to join. The system will recognise you already have a current Triathlon Australia membership and will only charge you the fees of the secondary club, if applicable.
A member can update their credit card details when you login to your membership portal online from the TA website
- Log into your membership portal by clicking on ‘Manage your Membership’, and enter your username and password.
- Click the 'Edit' button in the ‘Payment Information’ tab on the right.
- Click on the ‘Update’ tab in the top-right corner.
- Select the new payment type that you wish to use, or enter in a new credit card
- Select ‘Save’
You can also use the following instructions on how to Update your credit card details.
If your personal details have changed, you are able to edit these at any time from within your membership portal. You will need to log into the portal and click the 'Edit' button in the Personal Information tab. We recommend that you update your personal details as soon as possible when a variation occurs.
All memberships automatically renew, unless manually switched off. This means that on July 1 each year, your membership will renew for the next season, and you will be charged. Triathlon Australia has introduced this feature as a result of member feedback to create a smoother renewal process. Furthermore, this ensures continuity of Personal Accident and Public Liability insurance coverage for members whilst they train and compete.
If you do not want your membership to automatically renew on July 1, you will need to log into your membership portal here >>. Once you are logged into the portal, click the 'Cancel Auto-Renew' button next to your active membership. Members who turn off automatic renewal will need to manually renew their membership each season.
To manually renew your membership, you will need to log into the membership portal here >>. Once you have logged in, click the 'Renew Membership' button, check that your personal information is still up to date, and finalise the payment. If you are clicking 'Renew Membership' and nothing is happening, this means that pop-ups are blocked on your browser. As the payment window opens in a new tab, you will need to allow pop-ups in your browser settings before you can proceed (see Section 1 for more information on how to allow pop-ups).
If your automatic renewal failed, you will need to manually renew your membership via the Active member portal. To do so, please click here >>. Once you have logged in, click the 'Renew Membership' button, check that your personal information is still up to date, and finalise the payment. If you are clicking 'Renew Membership' and nothing is happening, this means that pop-ups are blocked on your browser. As the payment window opens in a new tab, you will need to allow pop-ups in your browser settings before you can proceed (see Section 1 for more information on how to allow pop-ups).
All adult membership categories are set to automatically renew by default. You will need to manually switch off your membership's automatic renewal if you do not wish to be automatically charged on July 1.
For security reasons, any junior memberships (or family memberships that include anyone under the age of 18) cannot be automatically renewed. All junior memberships will need to be manually renewed.
If you are an individual member and would like to become part of a group, you will need to start a new group membership via the "New Member: Join Now" button on the Annual Membership page. You will need to select "Family/Group Membership" at the top of the page and select how many members you wish to include in the group. You will then be prompted to fill out the personal and membership details of your group and create their memberships. You will still be able to use your existing membership passport, however this will result in a new TA membership ID being allocated to you.
Please note: If you have already purchased a single membership, you are unable to change this into a family/group membership. Please contact Triathlon Australia, and we will be able to transfer you.
If you would like to change your membership type during the season, please contact the Triathlon Australia office on (02) 8488 6200 and we will be able to assist you with any transfer of membership.
If you need any assistance in the joining or renewal process please do not hesitate to contact the Triathlon Australia office on (02) 8488 6200 or email@example.com