The eleventh instalment of the QLD Club Championships will be held at Round 2 of the Queensland Triathlon Series at Moreton Bay this Sunday, 8 October 2023.
This year’s Club Championships is set to be another exciting showdown. Athletes will be representing their clubs across the Classic, Sprint, Enticer, Kids and Teams categories and are ready to make their mark with this event being the pinnacle race on the club calendar. Clubs will be competing for the title of 2023 Club Champions and their share of a $9,000 prize pool.
Last year’s 2022 Championships, we saw a close finish between Team T-Rex and Red Dog with only two points separating them in the Large Club Category. Energy Lab Triathlon will be looking to continue building off of the momentum gained from taking out the 2022 Medium Club Champions, while Triple FFF Triathlon will be gunning looking to make it three-straight Small & Junior Club Championships titles.
Club Championship Prize Pool
- Large Club Champions – $3,750 total prize pool
- 1st Place – $1,800
- 2nd Place – $1,150
- 3rd Place – $800
- Medium Club Champions – $2,400 total prize pool
- 1st Place – $1,100
- 2nd Place – $800
- 3rd Place – $500
- Small Club Champions – $1,650 total prize pool
- 1st Place – $800
- 2nd Place – $500
- 3rd Place – $350
- Junior Club Champions – $1,200 total prize pool
- 1st Place – $600
- 2nd Place – $350
- 3rd Place – $250
Club Championships Categories
- Small Club – Less than 50 members
- Medium Club – 51 – 120 members
- Large Club – More than 120 members
- Junior Club Champion – This will be determined by the Junior Club which has accumulated the most points at the end of the championships according to the points matrix, which can be viewed via the 2023 Club Championships Rules.
We look forward to seeing all of the action unfold as we see the Queensland clubs battle it out for all the glory. Make sure to follow us on Instagram @qldtriathlon to follow all of the action on Sunday.